Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 31 December 2011

Resolutions

This is the time of year when we start to look forward to the coming year, to make decisions on how we want to improve ourselves, or at least our lot in live.   We make "New Year Resolutions" I often wonder if we call them that because they don't last beyond the new year.   My experience has been that very few people manage to keep to any of these new year's resolutions, I suspect because they are usually to ambitious.   One year a brother decided to give up all recreational drugs for a year, he still doesn't smoke, but does now have the occasional drink, he is the only person I know who has successfully managed to give up smoking on the 1st January.
It may be that we see this as a good opportunity to admit too and then to rid ourselves of aspects of our lives or behaviours that we don't want, a new year a new chapter - that sort of thing.   There was a time when one of my new year resolutions would have bee to stop dressing, I now know that that isn't going to happen, so what are my resolutions or aspirations?
  1. To post frequently and regularly to this blog.
  2. To regularly have 100 plus reader a day.
  3. To go out dressed more often.
  4. Do a stand up routine as Paula.
  5. To take more photos to share with my readers.
And now the biggy - to come out to at least three long standing friends.

I love my outings as Paula, but they are so often solitary, I want to be able to share this aspect of my life with others who are an important part of my life, to enjoy social time, in the real world with friends.   I don't know how much of this will be in my control, but at the very least I shall treat these few aspirations seriously.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I wish you all the best in achieving your goals for 2012. For myself, having some aspirations and setting some goals is essential, otherwise I wouldn't achieve anything.

The things I will be working on this year include:
1. Improving my relationship with my wife,
2. Losing some weight and
3. Enhancing my feminine presentation.
Goals 1 & 3 may however be mutually exclusive!

Happy New Year to you, your family and all your readers.