Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Fiction Mania?

When we can't actively indulge ourselves in our "hobby" we will often read about those do.   We will read blogs, look at pictures and explore all sorts of avenues that are best left unexplored.   That is the nature of any interest subverted, oppressed, and sidelined by society.   There is a lot of what could loosely be called transgendered fiction out there in Internet land, a lot of it (possibly the best of it) is on the Fictionmania web site.   However it does seem to me that most of it is pretty formulaic, it all seems to be written in the first person and there are basically only three story lines,
  1. Boy is caught dressing in his sisters / girl friends / neighbours clothes and as a punishment is forced to wear more of their clothes and go into feminine situations resulting in a sexual encounter.
  2. Boy is forced into a situation where he has to dress up as a girl against his will and then ends up in situations where he can't admit that he's really a boy, resulting in a sexual encounter.
  3. Boy is forced by dominant female to be subservient, part of the process involves him dressing in a feminine manner, resulting in a sexual encounter.
forgive me if I have missed anything but it seems to me that most of what I read falls into one or the other of these categories.    Some are very well written short stories, some crudely recount a sexual fantasy, I have yet to read one that would attract, or hold the attention of a reader who did not have a special interest.   I long to see a peace of fiction that gives a realistic, positive, portrayal of what it is really like to be a cross dresser.   I remember an interesting play on BBC Radio 4 a while back that started off very promisingly, but ended up with the cross dresser a rapist and a murderer.   Where are the stories about mature men who choose to occasionally present as women, and do ordinary things.   I know that for a story to hold interest something extraordinary needs to happen (except of course in Joseph Hellers "Something Happened"), but does it have to be of either a sexual or a violent nature.

I have the beginnings of a story written, but have stalled as it keeps creeping into one of my own fantasies, and this I want to avoid.   If any of you have some thing you think is worth reading please, please send it to me and I will put it up here (as long as it conforms to the site rules, no sex, nothing nasty all suitable for the office or under 18s).   In the mean time I will revisit my own writing and see if I can bring the story to a conclusion that does not involve any of these three areas of fantasy.

8 comments:

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

As someone who has written a lot of those kind of stories--not on Fictionmania, but on my blog--the point of them really isn't to tell a realistic story, at least not for me. The point is to give voice to a fantasy, an erotic vision.

Jenny said...

Maybe the problem is that for many on that side of our sphere the act of merely dressing or being female while doing normal things is not interesting enough.

Paula said...

I think my point is that although some of what is written is very good, all that there is seems to be stories which give voice to an erotic fantasy, this was not meant to be a critism of what there is, more a complaint about what there is not.

Anonymous said...

Here's one that I wrote for Fictionmania that doesn't fall into any of the categories you mention. It's a composite story, partly autobiographical and partly fiction.
To me, what matters most is the acceptance and friendship of a GG - and that temporary ticket into the Sisterhood!☺
Hope you enjoy it..
http://www.fictionmania.tv/stories/readtextstory.html?storyID=129715659694031438

TinaCortina said...

You could try Dimelza Cassidy. She wrote quite a lot of long, interesting reads, some about motor cycling. This one is good too. Try it http://stardustr.us/mister

I am afraid she removed her stories from Big Closet, but she does have 7 stories on Fictionmania if you do author search.

If you find anything similar do, let me have your recommendations.

Hugs

TinaCortina@yahoo.co.uk xx
Tina's blog

Papaguche said...

Try reading crystal sprites I can't go home like this and Texas girl. also maddy bells Gaby series all of these stories have what your looking for.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, all is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing
information, that's in fact fine, keep up writing.

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that is near to my heart... Take care! Where are your
contact details though?