Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 9 April 2012

Black and White

Is it all her fault?
I have recently noticed a trend that to me is something totally new.   I don't know if it is a factor of the weather we are having in the UK, ~ a bit of a cool snap after an early warm spring, or whether it is just a case of following where  our latest addition to the Royal Family leads.   Either way I am not sure how I feel about it; Yes I am talking about the white dress with black tights.

My first reaction when I saw a girl wearing this combination, was "what was she thinking" it does after all sort of break all the rules.   Now what Kate is wearing in the photo above is  a nice combination, the black detail on the dress and the black jacket make the tights and shoes perfectly matched, I'm not so sure when the only back is the tights and shoes.    Too me the contrast is just too much, in this shot of Zooey Deschanel on the left there is a lady in the background wearing a black top, white skirt and sandals with bare legs or natural tights, sorry Zooey but I think that is actually a better combination.
I think this is a very difficult combination to carry off and maybe toning down the white, or a not too heavy black would make it a bit easier, Either way I am sill not at all sure it is something I will try, I think will leave it to the younger and more glamorous.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

I do like black and white together, but yeah that white dress and dark tights don't work, but I'm not a fan of white dresses really.