Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 16 March 2015

A Long Weight

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine, she has just been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and one or two other problems which mean she is in imminent danger of a stroke.   The solution is quite literally on her own plate, she needs to lose a good couple of stone and start to be a bit more active again.   As a friend I will of course do what I can to help and so have agreed that I will try to lose a little alongside her and we will keep each other to account.

Last Sunday I weighed myself and was a little surprised to find myself weighing in at 12 stone 8 lbs (176 lbs or about 80 kgs) I want to be more like 11 stone 7 lbs (161 lbs or 73 kgs) rather than just let it happen over the summer I have set myself a target.

On the weekend of the 11th of April I will be playing with my Band (Croydon Symphonic Band) at the National Concert Band Festival finals at the Royal Northern School of Music in Manchester.   We will be traveling together and staying at an Hotel together.   The Hotel has a swimming pool and I fully intend to take advantage of it, so the 11th of April is my target.   Maybe it is ambitious to try to lose 2 stone (28 lbs, 13 kgs) in one month, but I am already on my way over the last week I have lost 3 lbs.   In my case I suspect that limiting my boos intake would make a big difference.

Lets face it I'm not the only girl in the world who wants to look good in her swimming costume, if I manage my target I may even buy a new one.

On a totally different tack, there are a lot of very good trans related blogs out there and every now and then I find another one.   I trust you all already know Stana; Cyrsti and Meg, but I would like to give a shot out to Rebecca of "With an Open Heart" go take a visit, but do come back!

No comments: