Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 7 November 2011

Transsexual Summer

As a general rule I really rather dislike reality TV shows, I don't watch "UK's got Talent" or "X Factor" unless it's on for my daughter. I will not watch "Big Brother" and things like Airport and the like just leave me cold.

Well Channel 4 is putting the TV into reality TV (I'm sorry I just couldn't resist that, and I suspect I won't be the last one).   Tomorrow (Tuesday) night they will be airing the first episode in a new show "My Transsexual Summer"    Channel 4 say it is "A series that follows seven people who are undertaking a range of gender reassignment procedures as they make the ultimate journey to realise their true identities"

I have set my black box to record the series, and will try to stay open minded.   I just hope that the seven people sharing their summer with us will not be held up for ridicule, or entertainment.   On the Channel 4 website there is a glossary of Trans Terminology, a quick who's who of the residents and an interview with one of them.   Whilst this all looks quite good and sensible at this stage - well so did Big Brother

1 comment:

Arianwen said...

I can't see this going very well, as reality television show producers do not feel as though they are doing their jobs unless there is a tonne of drama, irrespective as to the amount of artrifice involved. If this ends up trying to be more of a documentary than a reality show, then there may be some long-term benefit to the Transgendered Community.