Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 11 December 2011

I am really annoyed with my self - I have missed the Degas Exhibition at the Royal Academy.   I had planned to go to this as soon as I heard that it was going to be on.   I have always had a weakness for his Ballet paintings and this exhibition was centred around these, and his whole intent on capturing movement.

Two Dancers on a Stage
I have just realised that the exhibition ends on Sunday, I have to work today (Friday I am preparing this in advance) and will be in Cardiff or on the M4 all weekend.   As well as the disappointment at missing this particular exhibition it is also a missed opportunity to go out dressed.   I have found exhibitions to be great places to go when dressed, it can be relatively inexpensive (compared to shopping), and anonymous, everyone at an exhibition is more interested in what they have paid to see than the other people there, having said that I also enjoy looking at the people so maybe I should say no one except me is interested in the other people there.

A resolution for next year is to go out dressed at least once each and every month, I will try to make these outings coincide with interesting "cultural" occasions - exhibitions, recitals, etc. This should help me to get out more, save a bit of money, and enjoy some interesting new experiences.

No comments: