Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 8 December 2011

It's Getting Cold

The last couple of mornings we have had a frost, and it is definitely getting colder, and this morning quite windy.   No surprises there really after all it is December, but for those of us who work outdoors it does mean putting on some extra layers.    These extra layers include long underwear, personally I favour wearing tights under my working trousers, I find they are warmer and more comfortable than traditional "Long Johns" as well as being a lot cheaper to buy.   O course I like to wear tights at any time, but at this time of year I don't have to worry about concealing the fact, and my wife will wash them for as well.

I am getting low on "sanctioned" tights I have a couple of pairs of brown ones and a pair of grey cable cotton ones.   I try to get a type / colour that is different to what my daughter or wife wear so that they don't get confused in the wash.

I noticed that Lidl have an offer starting Thursday on tights, as well as Sateen Pyjamas and various other things that could interest me.   I quite like Lidl's 8 year old Scotch, I think that tomorrow my shopping basket may contain a few other things as well.

1 comment:

Halle said...

No question whatsoever Paula, tights are just as warm and so much more comfortable than long-johns (take it from a Canadian). I just handwash my own so I do not have to worry about mine getting mixed up with my wife's. I don't have to worry about them getting damaged either in the washing machine.

I will have to investigate the Sateen p/j's... sounds comfy.

Halle
xox