Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 5 January 2012

Plump pudding

Over the holiday period I have put on a little weight, nothing to worry about I am sure that as I start working again I shall soon be back to my previous healthy 12 stone.   I'm not so sure that the same can be said for the rest of the family, my daughter is always worried about her weight - I expect that that just goes with being a teenage girl in 2012, but my wife horrified us all by revealing that she now weights one and half times as much as me, given that I am am fairly muscular and around 4 - 5 inches taller this is quite a problem.   She is determined to lose and I want to help in any way I can, but just can't see how.   OK I won't sit down and eat pizza in front of her, or cook with lots of fat and sugar, but there is only so much anyone else can do.

When someone is looking at making this big a change it is quite a daunting prospect, just the thought of how long it will take alone is discouraging.  With everything else we have going on it will be very easy for her to get a bit depressed, in the past her reaction has been so often to eat, so I will have to work on keeping her happy, amongst other things that may well mean taking a step back with Paula, we will see.

So often we say "Family Comes First" this may be one of those occasions when we see if it really does.   I know that once Pandora's box has been opened we can't stuff everything back in but maybe I can slow down the flow a bit.

No comments: