Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Baby it's cold outside

When I set out this morning (Monday) I think it was just under freezing, certainly too cold to get any work done.   I probably wouldn't have gone out at all only I had arranged to meet the customer so had to.   After sorting out what had to be sorted out, I dived off to take a look at another garden prior to putting together a design and quote.   By the time I was finished there it was about 11:00 and still too cold to work.   Having anticipated this situation I decided to get changed and go for a coffee and do some charity shop shopping.

What I was after was a pair of sensible, practical boots to wear in just this sort of weather,  I trawled around Wallington and Carshalton and found nothing that would do, I even popped into Matalan on Purley Way, Croydon but again nothing that would do.   One of the Charity shops had a perfectly lovely plum coloured Marks & Spencers suit, jacket trousers and skirt.   Although I expected this to be too small for me, the trousers and skirt were a perfect fit, unfortunately the jacket was far too small.   If it had just been a little snug I would have bought it anyway and tried to "get away with it" but it was way too small, just another reminder that I am not a normal girl shape.   I also stopped at Nero's in Wallington for a coffee, in so many ways it was a lovely way to spend the fag end of the morning the real shame was that by this time it had warmed up a bit and I could get on with some work.   I always feel such an anti climax, a let down, a disappointment when I get changed back into drab.   Somehow there is something very sad about cleaning off the makeup and returning to reality

No comments: