Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 2 February 2012

Jean Genie

Well today (Tuesday) has been a bit of a mixed bag really, went to my first customer of the day and found her on the phone, with what turned put to be a scam, fortunately I was able to show her how the scam worked and saved her £99 and possibly a lot of personal information.  From there it went down hill, snow, my wife's car conking out and the whole afternoon being waisted.

I did find I had a couple of free minutes after going to the bank at lunch time so I popped into a new Salvation Army Charity Shop, they have a lot of femme stock but not much male, however I did notice they had some Levis in my size for £4.49 so I bought them.   When the assistant rang them up she was very apologetic as they were showing as women's wear - yet I had picked them off the men's rack and as far as I can see they are men's.   For some reason she was much more embarrassed about this than I was, but I didn't explain why.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

I sold a guy a man's hoodie on Ebay. He wrote to tell me he had to return it because it was a woman's. I said it wasn't. He then went on to say that it fitted him perfectly but he couldn't wear it because the zip did up on the right and he said he was convinced that made it a woman's.

I said, it you like it and it fits perfectly does it really matter about the zip?

He never replied. I didn't tell him I was a transman, I felt he might burn the hoodie in a transphobic panic. :D