Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 11 March 2012

Henchman?

This makes me feel rather confused - flattered, but still confused, recently I have had a couple of my daughter's friends working for me.   As they are under 18 I have had to resist the temptation to to work them too hard, and have had to accept that there are physical limitation to what they can do.   What had not occurred to me was that they would not realise that an active man in his mid 50s would be considerable stronger than the average teenager.   Now that hey have seen me lifting and laying paving stones that it take two of them to move, digging up tree stumps and the general day to day work of a gardener I have acquired a reputation as being quite "hench" for an old man.   That is of course as well as being a bit idiosyncratic in my dress.

When I say a bit idiosyncratic I mean I have a taste for flamboyant shirts, waistcoats, hats etc., knowledge about my even more idiosyncratic tatses are limited, and does not include any teenagers.   This is quite a novel reputation for me as I have always felt that was the unattractive lump that my better looking more attractive friends took along with the to occupy the equally ugly girl friend.   Apparently now that I am f more mature years comfortably married and settled I have some how become attractive - beats me!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I found I seemed to become considerably more attractive to women when I gained a wedding ring. Very odd, and rather unexpected.