Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Keeping it clean

A few weeks ago I had an odd little conversation with my wife; I can’t remember why or what the context was but for some reason I asked if my wife had ever tried waxing her legs, she replied no she hadn’t and then asked if I had, I told her that I hadn’t as I thought it would hurt, and we left it at that.   But it did start me thinking about the whole hair removal thing.   Mostly I shave, but on occasion I have used creams, with mixed results.   I normally find that there are some hairs left which still need to be shaved off, I have also found that on sensitive areas of skin (e.g. too close to the face) I can end up with a bit of a rash, but I do like the ease of use and smoothness given.
With shaving I find that with a bit of effort I can get a good result, but I do need to moisturise afterwards, and the hair grows back quickly and the stubble is unpleasant and itchy, erm, particularly in those more intimate areas.
So I thought I would try waxing, so I bought a kit from Superdrug and gave it a go.   First thing I was right it does hurt, but not as bad or for as long as I feared.   I did find that the wax took some but not all the hair but the result wasn’t too bad for a first go.   The instructions say that hair growth will diminish with repeated use, only time will tell.   This weekend I also invested (a very little money) in a wet and dry lady shave.   I bought this primarily because I like to have a foil shaver around and this was a very cheap, available option, but maybe it will also serve for body hair.

Do any of you have any experience that you could share, please let me know either through comments or by e-mail if you want to stay private.

No comments: