Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 26 March 2012

Performing again

Well I played Euphonium at a small concert with a local wind band this afternoon, nothing too venturous, but still enough to keep me on my toes ~ not that they knew that they are very pretty toes with dark cherry painted nails.   The dress for the band was all black so out with one of my black dress shirts, and just for fun I decided to wear my new mole skin black trousers, as I mentioned here these have a side zip and a flat front.   Worn over a pair of black tights sheer with darker chevrons up the legs they were very comfortable but excited no comments, sometimes I wonder just how far I have to go to get noticed, maybe I should just turn up wearing an LBD and high heels and see if anyone notices then.

Driving home I realised I was close by a customer I had to get in contact with, so rather than phone I decided to pop in and see her, by this time I had abandoned my black oxford male shoes in favour of some ballet pumps with a small heel, and had added a pretty grey M & S wool jacket.   I parked the van up in the High Street walked over to the bank ATM, then about another quarter mile to my customer had a chat at the door, and then the quarter mile back to the van. 
Now all this time I was very comfortable, but also aware that I was exhibiting a number of very feminine queues, i.e. my shoes; tights; jacket and shoulder bag.   As far as I could tell I did not even get a second glance.   It is often said that people see what they expect to see, so I wonder when they see me dressed like this do they see a large woman wearing a jacket and trousers, or a slightly fem looking bloke.   One day I think I will try wearing all fem clothes, but maybe trousers and light make up, eyes, lips and maybe a little blusher no foundation, powder or wig, just to see.
I mentioned yesterday that I was a little uncomfortable with my presentation, but was unaware of anyone else noticing, maybe they just don’t care.   Unless I thrust my trans-gender dressing options upon them in an unacceptable way then they will not notice and they will not care ~ so why worry so much.

No comments: