Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 26 April 2012

Pain

Yesterday while I was out shopping, I took a short pause and had my eyebrows threaded, I have had this done before, but I had forgotten how much it hurt.   While I was there I couldn't help but notice that the service was offered for other areas including top lip, now that must really hurt, sometimes I wonder at the things we will grow through in the attempt to look good.   I say good, I thought about saying beautiful but it would need more than threading for me to achieve that I will settle for not frightening the children!

To go out as Paula takes me well over an hour over an above getting ready to go out as Him.   I will make sure that I am shaved much better, then there is the selection of clothes, putting on my make up and jewelry, making sure everything works together.   Maybe if I took the same level of care as a bloke I would get more pleasure out of my clothes ~ but these days I find increasingly that many of my 2bloke's2 clothes are in fact women's clothes.   Today I bought a pair of casual trousers that i will wear with my linen jacket if we get a summer this year ~ of course they are women's trousers, well now they are mine!

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I've never heard of having your eyebrows threaded. What is that?

Paula said...

Threading is the use of a pure, thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over untidy eyebrows and other areas of unwanted hair, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing, where single hairs are pulled out one at a time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line. Because a large area of hair is removed at once, it can be painful, however it is quick and effective.

LL Cool Joe said...

All I can say is ouch! Rather you than me!! :D