Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 2 April 2012

Still Shopping

After leaving Matalan (one of my favorite shops) P pointed out that there was a B & Q almost next door and there were a couple of things she wanted.   We left our purchases in the van and walked over to the B & Q, it's not one of their mega warehouse deals but still a pretty large store.   Within a couple of minutes P had at least five male members of staff trying to help her find a small watering can that was to her taste.   After finding a suitable can we went to look at some trellis - given that I am a gardener, P's brother is a gardener (I worked for him at one point) and two of her step son's are gardeners why P wanted to do this rather than flutter her eyelashes and leave it to one of us escapes me.
Again almost before we had got to the right section of her followers had come along with a "Are you ladies looking for the trellis?"   Once again we got all the help and more that could be asked for, this was entirely down to P, and she is not even aware that the treatment she gets isn't usual.  
Throughout the day I took a deal of good natured ribbing from P for being more glamorous than her, she was just doing jeans a casual top and trainers, whereas I of course had gone the full way with dress high heels and some sparklies.   Even so I am quite sure that if I had been on my own I would not have got anywhere near as much attention. 

No comments: