Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 29 May 2012

The House That Paula Built

I commented a while back on the trials I had building the base for a green house, well I have now more or less completed the greenhouse as well.   This is the first time I have built a green house so I didn't know how long it would take, or quite how complicated it would be.  

Of course it would have helped if the instructions had been printed in English, rather than something that looked like English, had all English words, but didn't make sense in any language I know.   It also would have been good if the holes had been the same size and shape as the glass, I had to make a few adjustments.  

Overall I am pretty pleased with the results so far, and the customer is very happy.   I still have to put in the automatic vent controls ( they have to be placed in a fridge for half an hour before being fitted) and there are a couple of things, like a replacement for the pane of glass that got broken, I am waiting for before I can really be finished.

Now I am feeling very tired, with a lot of aches and pains from lifting, stretching and getting into some pretty odd angles, so I am looking forward to a session with the osteopath tomorrow, I may well carry on with my tease, but I am in need of the the ministrations.   I am also looking forward to my trip to the Turner Exhibition on Thursday.

No comments: