Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 5 May 2012

Something to look forward to

As you may have noticed I have been a little down of late, I seem to be working flat out when I can or getting frustrated looking at the rain when I can't, with pretty much just more of the same to look forward to.

Next week the Brass Band are playing at a craft fair on Monday and then on Tuesday my wife has to go into hospital for a simple procedure, should be in and out in the day, but she will need a few days to recover.   I hope she will be OK by Saturday evening when my support group meets.   I missed last month's meeting as I was in Cardiff so I would like to get to this one.   This is an occasion to glam up a little and since my brother is n holiday I will be able to use his flat to get changed ~ luxury!   I anticipate another rather hectic week.

William Turner ~ Flint Castle
So sitting sulking on Thursday I thought I should start planning a day out.   I always enjoy a good exhibition so I checked out what is going on.   The National Gallery has a Turner exhibition drawing to a conclusion, that looks as though it should be interesting so I have booked to go on the 31st May.   I have always liked turners paintings, especially his use of light which prepared the way for the Impressionists much later.

I have timed the tickets for 14:00 so I can travel up in a leisurely fashion and have lunch first, and being a Thursday I can stay up in town for a while and not have to dash home to go out somewhere else.   Nearer the day I shall n doubt start to worry about my route and what I will wear, but right now i am just looking forward to a day off, an interesting exhibition, and some Paula time in town.

No comments: