Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Weekend Wardrobe notes

I took a lot more clothes with me for the weekend than I could ever wear in that time, indeed I took just about all my clothes.   My wardrobe is in fact a couple of suit cases unless I bring something into the house to hang up before more or less immediate use.   I no longer leave anything around the house as I want to find it when I get back!
Driving down early on Saturday morning, I opted for a simple, "blend in" outfit of jeans with a cami style pink sparkly top.    When I got to Cardiff I had a few errands to run (Bank and stuff) so just dressed it up a bit with some heels.   Cardiff centre was very crowded and very hot, far too hot for jeans, as I saw the other girls in their summer dresses I was positively envious!   When I had to go out later I opted for a very light and rather short cotton dress.   I had originally reckoned on this as a tunic with thick tights or leggings but with the heat I wore it as a dress with no hosiery at all.   The dress is so light weight and lose fitting below the bust that it felt almost as though it wasn't there, also being quite short there was plenty of air, so I kept relatively cool.

It must be said that I would not normally have worn a dress this short, especially without any hose or trousers of any form, and I think most women my age would be the same.   I would expect a tall lady of mature years wearing a minidress wit bare legs to teh supermarket to ge quite a lot of attention.   However because of the heat I got less attention than I had earlier wearing jeans.   On several occassions I had to ask assistants for help, they were all charming and very helpfull, all in all quite a good day.

No comments: