Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 26 June 2012

So what's the attraction?

Those of us who are cross dressers, as opposed to those who are trans sexual, are often confused as to what is driving the compulsion to dress as the opposite gender.   Jamie has an interesting idea of what part of it could be and starts to explain over on her blog.   I find her blog well written and interesting, not least because her trans life is so different to mine.   I suspect that the only way to find out if she is right would be to change my life so much, that it wouldn't be my life anymore so I couldn't tell anyway......... still as I said interesting.
My current view on why I dress up, simple I like to wear pretty things, - you should see some of my shirts!   I hope to be wearing some pretty things at the weekend, I will be making one of frequent forays down the M4 to Cardiff and should get at least couple of chances to dress over the weekend.   I am also trying to work out if I can afford to take an extra day out and visit Wells on the Monday.

Regular readers will know that I have a bit of a thing for medieval cathedrals, churches and castles.   Wells is a gem of a cathedral and one I have yet to visit.   Ideally I will leave Cardiff on the Sunday night, stay somewhere near Wells and then make a whole day of it until I need to be home for an evening rehearsal.   That's the idea, whether I can manage the time or not I will have to see, like so much in my life it depends on the weather.    In the mean time I have a busy week, with a rehearsal tonight (Monday) home group meeting on Tuesday, Wednesday I will be collecting a friend from hospital following a simple procedure, visiting the osteopath and an evening rehearsal.   Thursday and Friday evening are free at the moment but that can always change.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

Unfortunately it's often how other people label us too, I'm sure a great many people would call me a cross dresser, in fact the other day I had a comment on my blog, which I didn't publish, calling me that. It deeply hurt, and I actually closed my blog for a day because of it. As far as I'm concerned I was born in the wrong body, I haven't fully transitioned because of certain things in my life I'd lose, but I call myself a transman not a cross dresser. I don't wear mens clothes because I want to look like a man, I do it because I am a man, even if my body may tell a different story.