Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 25 July 2012

His shirts

Some quite nice shirts, could do with an iron though
I feel as though I am being inspired by other bloggers today, Joey recounted how he had entertained members of his Church to a pool and garden party at the weekend, we don't quite run to a pool but last night we entertained our Church home-group to a barbecue, we didn't have any disco queens there though.  A couple of Donny Osmond fans and a large hairy tenor, but no Disco Divas. 
In turn this meant that like Stana and Jamie I had to have a good look at my boy wardrobe.   The nature of the event and the weather meant that my usual jeans and polo shirt were not really "quite the thing".   I soon found  a couple of rather nice summer shirts and some nice roomy faun linen trousers.   I have to remember that my boy clothes can be quite nice and just as comfortable as Paula's, it's just that somehow Paula's are more fun.

On a different tack I know that there is at least one of you who likes to keep up with what I write but finds they can't comment or join the regulars at the bar, I think that maybe a Google account is needed, but I'm no too sure.   I have added a "follow by e-mail" tag on the right hand side, I hope this helps with keeping up to date, if any of you know the answer to the comments question please let us know.

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Thanks for the shout out, and trust me the swimming pool is a nightmare and definitely not a asset. The upkeep and maintenance on it causes me to pull out my hair. Well what's left of it.

Glad you appreciate dressing in boys clothes too, maybe they are less fun because you've done it for so many years now?

Paula said...

I wonder if on some level I associate girl clothes with fun and relaxing and by clothes with responsibility and all the baggage that goes with it (stress, finances, etc. etc.) so dressing up is just an escape. I know it is more than that, but how much I have yet to work out. In the mean time I am making a mental note t myself to enjoy my boy clothes, and see if that means I need to wear the girls clothes less, maybe I should buy some of Joe's on e-bay