Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 15 July 2012

Regulars, Changes and Friends

Regulars at the Bar
I have just been having a bit of a fiddle around with the layout here at Paula's Place, like all the places I like every ow and then a few little alterations are needed.   I decided that I don't like the  blogger term followers, partly because that can have a whole different connotation in some T circles, but mostly because it is a two way process, and you all contribute in some way.    I dallied with the idea of calling you friends, or members, but then thinking that this is like a bar where I welcome my friends to join me I am calling you regulars at the bar.   I have worked behind a few bars, and indeed married  a colleague from the last one, and I always enjoyed welcoming all the customers, but the regulars always have a special place in my heart.   I used to try to remember what the regular would drink and if possible have it ready poured by the time they got to the bar.   Just like the Bloggersphere regulars would get nicknames describing something about their personality or behaviour, like "Ten to Eleven John" or "Boring Bob", so all  regulars are welcome, as friends with a special place in my affections.

I have also had a wee bit of a change round I now have a list of "Friends I like to Visit" these are the blogs that I look at regularly and am a member / friend / follower of.   There is a new one on the list Karin's Bow Emporium, get over there have a read, you are bound to leave with a smile, that and a tendency to star counting bows, Karin current bow count three, not telling where they are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Love it Paula! Thankyou for the mention xxx. I'm the same with the phrase 'followers' too, and anyone watching my blog gets 'the order of the bow!' hahaha.
Anyway, before we get into a bow count war (a favorite pastime), I love the changes and love the blog. Thankyou Paula xxx

LL Cool Joe said...

I dread to think what my nickname is then. :D

And thank you for listing my blog, I love to visit your blog too.

I was thinking of you today as I was cutting my lawn. You must be pretty fit, I felt knackered using the strimmer for a few hours!