Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 6 July 2012

Something to look forward to

The weather is beginning to get to me, we seem to have so much rain that much of the work I plan to do simply cannot be done.   Yet again I got up this morning to the sound of rain, and as I had scheduled a day of grass cutting once again I am stymied.   Often a day not working means a Paula day, but I'm not sure I can be bothered, rather I think I will go out to the garage and see which of my rotten old machines I can get to run and take the rest for scrap.   It seems pretty silly having three motor mowers that don't work, two chain saws that won't run and three hedge trimmers that won't start.

Still I do have something to look forward to today, tonight the three of us are going out as a family, this is quite a rare event these days as there seems to be less and less things that the three of us want to do together, it is even getting harder to get my ladies to come to my concerts.   Tonight we will be going to see Phatfish who occupy the middle ground where our tastes coincide.   Last year I played with Phatfish when they did a guest slot with my orchestra, this helped my credibility with younger members of the Church no harm at all!  

Grand Harbour, Valletta
I have always had the suspicion that weekends should be family time, but it doesn't seem to work out that way with us at the moment, I seem to be working, playing, or in Cardiff, my daughter is often out with her friends, in rebellion next Saturday my wife is going on a trip to Southend with some friends.   Next Saturday is also the next meeting of my support group so it looks like we won't be seeing much of each other that day.   Still we have managed to book a holiday, because of my work I daren't go away in the summer so we are limited to the half term weeks, we have booked a week in Malta in October.   We have been a few times before and enjoy it very much, at that time year the climate is ideal, and the island is not too crowded.   It will be good to be able to relax, and nice to spend some time together just the three of us, definitely something to look forward to.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

I have to admit I've never heard of Phatfish, but I hope you all have a lovely evening together. :)