Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 18 August 2012

Mear meanderings

The suns been out, the rain has only been falling during the night and break times so I have been hard at it.   Nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel, no wonder I ache.   Pretty much non-stop work does that to me, this evening when I got home my back ached, my arms aches, my shoulders ached, and even my legs ached.   This seemed a bit extreme so I added up the chargeable hours I have worked so far this month, and so far I have got to 110 hours, OK that is the number of hours the business has worked and in all we have had 18 man (and woman) days, but that is still a pretty high work rate.

I need to work an average of 6 hours 5 days a week for 52 weeks a year, this means that when the chance is there I have to do the extra hours, it also helps when I have some one working for me then I can actually make a little profit.   Not sure what the point of all this is other than to say that so far this week my business has worked seven days, five of them by a 53 year old bloke, one by a 53 year old woman, and one by a 20 year old girl.   Normally the woman (S) would have been working with me today,  but she had been inveigled into going shopping with the Mother of the younger woman, who wanted some new suits for the new job she is starting net month.   I understand that this lady has a talent for persuading people to buy clothes that left to their own devices they would not even try on, so I commissioned her to try and get S to buy a dress.   I have known S for over 30 years and I can't remember the last time I saw her wearing a dress, she is quite feminine, and sometimes can get close to elegant, but she always wears trousers.

If successful I offered to pay for dinner, after all I thought when we go out for dinner in a couple of weeks one of us should be wearing a dress.   Since no dress was bought it looks like it may have to be me that wears the dress, I'm still not totally sure if S will a be up for this, I shall check with her before hand as I don't want to cause any embarrassment.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be working again, and next week I currently have eight days work scheduled for Monday - Friday, maybe I will catch up soon.   I hope so as the week after I want to have at least one full day off, and maybe an afternoon as well.

No comments: