Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Boing said Zebadie

I like this, as well as the punch line, and all of it's possible connotations, I rather like the way it highlights what we wear, when and why.   What we like to wear to sleep in may be quite different to what our partner would want to see us in jut before or after sleeping.   Then there is a whole industry dedicated to making garments that are only suitable for taking off!   I know I have succumbed to the temptation to buy some over the years.   I like to think that I have now learnt a few lessons,
  • they never look as good on my wife as on the model,
  • they look even more ridiculous on me,
  • they never wear well,
  • and now I can assure you that they are rarely comfortable.
Having said all that I do have a couple of pairs of satin pyjamas that I do rather like, but usually I just sleep in a pair of boxers, and if it's colder I might add a tee shirt.   I know a lot girls like me like the idea of wearing flimsy fluffy and filmy nighties, but lets face it these things are not really made for sleeping in are they.

1 comment:

CallMeMeg said...

If I'm alone for the night, my (girl) pjs get traded for a nylon nightie. Nothing flimsy or filmy, but I can probably pack ten of the nighties I like in the same spot as my one pair of cotton pjs.