Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 28 September 2012

More jobs

When I got back from Seville, we got married on the first Saturday available at the local registry office ~ at the time we were not practising members of any church and thought it hypocritical t get married in a church just for some nice photos, but that's a story for another day.

Marriage concentrated my mind and brought me to the decision that I ought to get a proper job, with a salary and a pension, you know be responsible.   While I was looking for something I went back to temping, more driving, warehousing, a bit of office work but mostly light industrial stuff.   Eventually I got a job with the Spastics Society running non retail businesses, soon TSS changed it's name to Scope and my job title to recycling manager, this was a very rewarding and productive period in my career, I feel I built a good solid, sound business that would generate sustainable funds for a charity I believe in.   After a few years I also felt that I had gone as far with the business as I could, it needed somebody else to manage the next stage, and as I was offered a decent job in the commercial sector it seemed only polite to accept.   After another job in commercial side of recycling I set up on my own.   Thus ended my third career.

In theory I now have three businesses, Gardening, music and (this always cracks me up as I remember the sopranos) as a Waste Management consultant.   At the moment I can't imagine doing anything else, but then again 10 years ago I couldn't have imagined where I woudl be today.

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

So are you the person to give me advice on what I an put in my recycling bins because I still don't know!

Paula said...

Well I have a certificate that says I can, but then I also have certificates hat say all sorts of things

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha. Can you put the lids of coffee jars in recycling? They say you can't put in hard plastic, is that hard or soft? :D Oh yeah and the containers that they use to sell things like the Persil tablets for the washing machine?