Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 7 September 2012

This and that

It's Friday night, nearly Saturday morning, the working week should be over, I can settle down with a glass Scotch without worrying about getting up in the morning and just chill.   Or at least that is how it should be.   Whilst I do have the glass of Scotch the rest is just fantasy.   I have had a good week, got a lot done, and made a reasonable income, but there is still so much I have to do so I will be working again tomorrow, building compost bins and checking up on ponds, not my ideal way of spending a Saturday.

Mind you it is just as well that I have got plenty of work on at the moment, the inevitable has happened, I have been working hard, earning an income and maybe ready to put a little away for December, January and February when times are a little leaner, and the washing machine breaks down! my friend B came and had a look at it before condemning it.   Apparently washing machines are no longer made in such a way as to be repairable, so that £300 hat was going into the savings account looks like it will be going to maintain the laundry.

Since I now have a washing machine to buy as well as all the other drains on my resources, I had best get some sleep so I can get to work in the morning; mind you I don't want to do too much as I have a concert in the evening, but more in that later.............................

No comments: