Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 27 December 2012

Gerry Anderson RIP

Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward
Very sad news today for all Thunderbird Fans after suffering from Alzheimer's disease for a couple of years Gerry Anderson has died.    For those of us of a certain age Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Stingray and Captain Scarlet were not only part of our childhood, but part of the adults we grew up to be.   Not only did we get some iconic images but these were also shows that changed our language, just think of the countdown at the start of Thunderbirds or the meaningless response F.A.B.

I is also remembering that the music for these shows was very cinematic, with full orchestra and top notch singers, I think I may be introducing the Thunderbirds March into my Band's summer repertoire this year.

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

That is sad news yeah. The Thunderbirds March is a classic. I may play it at the beginning of one of my gigs. :)

btw. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, they mean a great deal to me. My blog has kinda been under attack recently so it's nice to know I have a few real friends out here in blogland.