Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 18 January 2013

Bwahahaha

Tip Wilkin in the stolen Mainbocher
I have a weakness for mad science, possibly even evil mad science.   Of course this is not the sort thing sensible grown ups are meant to indulge in, so that's alright for me then.   I used to love this stuff when I was young, and then sort of dropped it.   A couple of years ago I was introduced to Skinhorse an pretty mad science / sociology / shadow government sort of cartoon.   On of the main characters Tip Wilkins is a cross dresser, hence my initial interest, I soon became hooked and recommend it to all of you.   He works with a zombie a talking dog and a... oh never mind just go and read it, it's fun, if you like that sort of thing.   This then in turn led me to Shaenon Garrity's other great opus, Narbonic.

Narbonic is just far to complicated to try to explain briefly, all I can say is go and have a read, but allow plenty of time, I started at the beginning one evening and didn't get to bed till about 2:00 a.m.

Now A.E.Brain has introduced me to Girl Genius, Adventure, Romance, Mad Science. This is sort of Steam Punk, very complicated and just a bit odd, but totally addictive.   On snowy days when I can't work outdoors it is amazing just how much time I can waste on this sort of thing.

I have never really got into wearing the steam punk stuff but it does look fun, and I rather fancy the look of that P.D.Q. Bach Engine

No comments: