Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Hibernation

Some people actually seem to like the snow, personally I am not so keen, This week I have done no outside work at all, and don't expect to be able to do anything for the rest of the week.   Very frustrating.   I do have work to do and would like to get on with it, but with ground covered with snow or frozen it just can't be done.   Monday I got on with a few things (like my tax return erghh) but today I just couldn't feel inspired to get on with anything, I just sat at home reading through Girl Genius.   No effort, no thought required, I only got up the enthusiasm to get dressed and go out because we had a letter that needed delivery.   In short what I would like to do right now is hibernate for the next couple of months and come out in March.

Of course that would mean I would miss all sorts of fun stuff so it won't happen, it's just that at the moment without the physical activity or the income I am just feeling pretty "down".   Tomorrow (Wednesday) I have rehearsal and then on Thursday it is my wife's birthday, Saturday we are all out to dinner to celebrate and then on Sunday I have an LGSO rehearsal so that lot aught to cheer me up.   I expect to be much more up tomorrow, I get up for an early morning prayer meeting and then have to go out to see a customer, so I will be active and outdoors even if I can't get any work done.

Earlier today I was talking to a friend and mentioned the old Sir Thomas Beecham line "You should try everything in life once except incest and morris dancing" I was told the modern version is "Incest and Big Brother".

No comments: