Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 14 January 2013

Nice Pussy?

So I see that yesterday I managed three separate posts, that must be a record, for me anyway.   Don't expect me to keep up that rate, I think I'll be doing well to manage one a day.   There have been a few good days recently and I think yesterday was another one ~ mostly.   After a rather odd service in the morning I came home expecting my wife and daughter to be champing at the bit as we had agreed to go to Foal Farm to find another cat to keep Smudge company.   Well when I got home my wife was up, but still in her PJs and my daughter still in bed, by the time they were both ready I would not have time to go with them and make my rehearsal.

This meant I had to let them go on their own, and trust them to make a good decision, while I stayed at home and then went up to town.   I had initially planned to go by public transport, but as I ended up running late I decided to drive up instead.  

I initially planed to wear a long jumper with skinny jeans and boots, but when I couldn't find my skinny jeans I changed my mind and opted for a tunic dress and leggings.   I would have been in time but I had a little panic over my presentation, a nail related disaster and I ended up getting a bit lost at one point and then had trouble finding somewhere to park.   This was a new experience for me in so many ways, but crucially I realised that A/ I can play with my knees together and B/ lipstick does not help the embouchure, I also ended up with a bit of a smudge.   We only rehearsed the Borodin and I am pretty confident that I will be OK with that, I still have to play the Schostakovich 5 but the part doesn't look too bad.   As far as I can tell from this one limited experience this is a pretty good orchestra, with all sections well filled with competent players.   I am sure that next week I will will allow myself a little more time to get ready and will.be a little more confident.   If any of you are around the area on the 17th February, please come and support us, I can promise a good performance, just be gentle with the overdressed bass trombone player.

When I got home the family had returned from their expedition and had brought back a captive, a mature female called "Sparkle", apparently she is very shy and so is in hiding under my daughters bed, I have yet to meet her, but I am sure that she will fit in and soon be part of the family.

No comments: