Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 15 February 2013

Cocktails for two

I know I am always banging on about taking more photos, well last night I really should have taken some photos.   I could have used them to illustrate a cookery book!

I cooked dinner last night, just for two of us as it should be on V night, I had to take into account our Lenten fasts so planned the menu carefully.    I started off with fresh figs wrapped in prosciutto and topped with Gorgonzola, warmed through in the oven just enough to melt the cheese.   This is a Hairy Bikers recipe and every bit as good as it sounds.   For our main I fried some lamb steaks with rosemary with some pommes boulangere and simple jus.

I finished up with the fun bit, the other day I heard Raymond Blac say that it was only with desserts that the chef could really enjoy themselves, well I enjoyed myself with a lemon trifle.   At the bottom lemon jelly then a layer of lemon mouse topped off with Chantilly and served with a lemon biscuit dipped in white chocolate.   This is the first time I have served this, and i think maybe it would have been a little better with a ginger snap but a definite success.

This morning all that is left is the washing up

Specially for Meg another song name post title.

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow I wish someone in our house could cook. We did nothing special for V day. Yours sounds excellent. Did your wife like the food?

Paula said...

Yes, I choose the menu specially with lots of her favorite things, it was very nice to sit down together in peace and quite and share a meal, something we have always enjoyed and need to get back into the habit of.