Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Nearly there

Yesterday was the final rehearsal for next Sunday's concert, we will have a run through on the day at the venue, but last night was the last time we would be able to really take the music apart and work on it.   A lot of the evening was taken up with the concerto, and as the trombones are not in that we had a late start.   This mean that I had time to watch the end of the rugby before leaving and getting changed.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Rugby (actually all the games so far this championship have been good), and it was nice to have a little more time to get ready and prepare.   As I suggested I did wear my purple dress, it felt great, and very natural.   As we finished a little early this was also my first opportunity to join the others for a drink after the rehearsal.   It was very nice to be bought drinks all night and we had some very interesting conversations, my own dressing/gender identity situation has still not been mentioned once.   For me this still feels a slightly odd situation, in a way I am amongst civilians, but everyone in this orchestra are part of the LBGT community, but I am the sole T representative (a far as I can tell), also I would self identify as straight, and although I have no problem being in the company of my gay friends, I think this is a first for me where the company is exclusively gay.

I am looking forward to the concert eagerly now, and hope to be invited to join them again, however I am not at all sure I can make this level of commitment to rehearsals, I have told the Brass Band that I am leaving them as I need more time with my family, it is no fair to anyone if I then just replace one commitment with another one, still it is good to be playing with an orchestra again, and it will be great when Paula finally makes her debut.

No comments: