Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 8 February 2013

Out of the frying pan

We accumulate stuff, all sorts of stuff, I have far more hosiery than can ever be truly justified, even if I were a full time girl.   At least tights don't take up much space, shoes are of course worse, luckily I'm not as bad as some of us, now I have got past the initial thrill of buying everything that might fit, whether I liked them or not, or indeed if I would ever have occasion to wear them.

The stuff I want to talk about today though is kitchen stuff.   My wife and I are what you may call enthusiastic cooks, some would call us foodies, and my daughter has a growing interest in cooking, if not in washing up.   This enthusiasm has lead to a bit of a problem, we don't have a particularly small kitchen but we keep running out of space, largely because we have so much stuff, cooking stuff.   My wife loves a gadget, and loves new toys for the kitchen.   We have a
  • Banana slicer
  • Apple corer and slicer
  • Pineapple corer
  • Jelly bag
  • liquidizer
  • Grinder
  • Food processor
  • Mixer
  • Hand held blender
  • Bread maker
  • Mouli Mill
  • Pasta machine
  • Lemon juicer
  • nutmeg grater
This is not a complete list but you get the general idea.   We also of course have a selection of pots and pans, currently four stainless steel sauce pans, six cast iron sauce pans (one of which doubles as a casserole, four cast iron casseroles, two Pyrex casseroles and several microwave ones as well.   But, what prompted all this is eggs, to fry an egg we have four, yes FOUR, aluminium frying pans, the base of two egg poachers, the lid of the Le Creuset Marmitout, two enamelled cast iron frying pans, two raw cast iron omelet pans, two iron griddles and two electric griddles, I make that at least fourteen things I can use to fry an egg, but I may well have missed something, so what does my wife come home from the shops with yesterday.

A FRYING PAN ~ a special frying an for just one egg, why? because it's cute!

2 comments:

Penny Clare said...

Ah - gadgets - where would the British economy be without them! Have you SEEN the stuff in the Lakeland cataolgue?
8-)
Penny

Paula said...

Seen it? I think we bought most of it