Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 10 February 2013

Wash day blues

A while back I upset one or two of you with the picture of a care label here, I now wonder if my wife does read this blog after all and she took offence to it as well.    I don't hold with the principle that any one member of the family has exclusive access to any jobs, so I do sometimes do laundry ( I think I do it more often than my wife thinks I do it!) but this last week I have been busy so it all fell to my wife.   Obviously at this time of year we are wearing quite few pullovers, I have a favorite botany wool turtle neck, or rather I had.   Not checking the care label it went in at too high a temperature an and now it might fit y daughter ~ who is a size eight as opposed to my sixteen.

The black one behind still fits!

2 comments:

Joni Roberta said...

Sorry to hear that! My wife and I split the laundry, too, although I tend to do more of it. Partly that's just because I'm taller and it's easier for me to haul a basket of clothes around the obstacles in our house. But also it helps me take extra care of my special things.

Several years ago I messed up washing a wool sweater like you did. It was hand knit by my mother :(

Fortunately, it would up the right size for our daughter to wear it. Another one was short and wide, so wasn't good for anyone.

I've learned to be more careful about washing lots of things.

Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

LL Cool Joe said...

Oops. Glad it was yours and not anyone else's. You could have been in the dog house for a week!