Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 4 March 2013

Black Satin and High Heels

Looks like I have got a bit of a theme going here, first complaining about painful feet then a thing with shoes, so first Meg talks of shoes as art, well no way I'm going to argue with that!  

Last night we played a concert, this time I was ostensibly in drab.   I say ostensibly because everything I was wearing apart from my shoes were originally intended for female customers.   I wore my new black satin shirt blouse, (I think I have fallen in love with this blouse, it is quite a posh one, a Charles Tyrwhitt, everything about it is nice, the cut, the cloth, the buttons, the fit. My only worry is that it won't fit so well when I am in fem mode and have my forms on, I shall have to wait and see.) and a pair of side fastening black "moleskin" trousers, with a black faced gold  dress watch and a "gold" chain, underneath I had a black satin teddy and sheer tights; lots of black satin, lovely.   I would have loved some more elegant and preferably feminine footwear, but I just don't seem to be able to find any shoes that fit, I like, and that I can afford.   Looking in the mirror I was surprised just how feminine I looked, even without any make up, extra jewelry or "padding".    I only received one comment, and that was from my friend S who knew what I was planning to wear and just said "Nice Shirt", with an amused grin.

My point in relating all this is that we played a concert, it was in a church and a little on the cold side, I think there may have been two dresses worn, but only one pair of nice shoes, by which I mean a very nice pair of plan black court pumps.
Generally I like to see what the girls in the band are wearing, shoes and dresses as it is a rare chance too dress up in some finery and usually there are at least a few who will take advantage and get out the "glad rags"; last night was a bit of a disappointment in that front.

This morning being a Sunday I actually managed to get to Church and had a little glance around, I'm pleased to report that there are still a few ladies who do make an effort on a Sunday morning and there were two or three pairs of very nice, quite extreme heels on show, than you ladies!

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

I was at church yesterday morning and didn't notice what anyone was wearing because the whole congregation were drab! But unless someone was wearing some kick arse trainers or Doc martin boots I wouldn't notice anything. :D