Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 1 March 2013

Boots, boots, boots

Today (Thursday 28th Feb) I went up to London to the Royal Academy, I had a ticket for the Manet Exhibition, which I had been looking forward to for some time. I had decided to take the whole day off and make sure I had a leisurely morning getting ready.  I took my time deciding what I was going to wear, (Matalan Grey and Black panel dress) and doing my make up, however I had major problems with my nails, and ended up actually having to re-do them twice!
Eventually I was happy with how I looked, gt in the van and drove to the station, it was only when I got there that I realised I had forgotten my ticket for the exhibition, so I had to return home to get it, then back to the station.   By this time time was beginning to get tight, I parked as close as I could to the station but was still left with quite a walk.   I soon started to regret my choice of boots, I had gone with my favorite 3 inch stiletto heels, they look great, but are definitely not made for walking.    As I approached the station entrance I could see my train pulling in and ran for it, those boots may not be made for walking, running is a big no no!   It was nice to get in the train and sit down.

One at Victoria I could put some more money on  my Oyster and then get the tube over to Green Park for the RA, of course there were no seats on the train, and by the time I had walked up Piccadilly I was once again regretting those boots.   I should know better by now, function before form, they are lovely and warm, and great to look at but for a full afternoon on your feet, no, not good.

No comments: