Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 18 March 2013

Confussed

I seem to have created some confusion in my last post, it's my own fault I spend the whole post talking about Rugby, then right at the end I put in a paragraph saying that I will be playing with the LGSW, quite a few of you assumed that I would once again be playing Rugby.

I gave up playing Rugby about 15 years ago, I am now definitely too old, I am also far too light now to play in my old area of the front row.   I should have made it clear that LGSO stands for London Gay Symphonic Winds and they have asked me to play Trombone at their Spring Fayre.

There may be a little bit of me that is sad that I will not be playing rugby again, I think it is the only thing I miss abut getting older, but I do not miss not being able to walk properly until Tuesday after playing on Saturday, I do not miss having train pretty much every day, especially the running, and I do not miss cleaning my boots two or three times a week!

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Anything to do with sport confuses me! :D My partner and older daughter have constant injuries due to hockey.

Joni Roberta said...

Sorry if I confused that. Have you ever seen Stephen Ferris play? (He plays for the English and Irish Lions and Ulster.) I trace my Scotch-Irish ancestry to Lisburn, Northern Ireland where he went to school.

And, I do mainly walking for exercise now (although I'd like to get back to swimming). I wouldn't go for rugby either at my age, but it would be fun to go kick a soccer ball around with my sons.