Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 8 April 2013

A Good Day part 2

After lunch I had plenty of time to get back and change.   While doing my make up another member of the band joined me at the mirror and I had my first ever conversation on the relative merits of liquid eyeliner against cole pencil and how to use them.   I had finally decided on an LBD and a black jacket (covers up the navvies shoulders) but I had not made a final decision on what jewelry to wear.   In the end I opted for some sparklies, and was very pleased that I did as I received a number of compliments (again mostly form the ladies) on them.   I was a little worried about being too dressy, but was reassured by the compliments.
However I was probably a little more dressy than most, but then most of the girls (and all the blokes) were wearing trousers, so I was amongst the minority wearing a dress.  As well as a concert the evening was a fundraiser so there was a raffle, a cake sale (great carrot cake!) a bric a brac stall and the Butch Institute stall selling jams and chutneys. I succumbed to temptation and bought some marmalade and some chutney, if they are half as good as they look and sound then I am on to a good thing here.
I had intended taking my camera and asking another member of the band to take some pictures for me, but totally forgot, so for now I have to rely on the old standby of the phone camera and the loo mirror.   There was a photographer at the concert taking some pictures so in the interval I asked if he would take some of me and send them over so I could feature some on Paula's Place, he did agree so I hope I will have those for you soon.

No comments: