Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 12 April 2013

Carry On and

I a just pausing for a little before getting ready for work, last night it rained again, quite a lot actually, and everything is still very wet.   I have a morning of grass cutting scheduled so if I wait till the last possible moment to get started then I hope that it may dry a little.   This continuous wet weather makes it very difficult to get on with much in the way of gardening and proving to be a real pain in the *%$@ for my business, I think it is now six months since I have made a profit.   However I am determined to carry on, and will find a way.

A Job I really need to finish
I love the work I do, it is physically hard and I often ache when I am finished for the day, but the satisfaction of the work, the chance to be in the open air, and the flexibility of being self employed outweigh this and the poor financial returns.   The flexibility in particular has become important to me, as it means that I can have my hair done midweek, take a day each month to do something interesting, and grab those occasional chances to get dressed and go out for the odd afternoon.   That having been said there won't be many of those for a while as I need to work every chance I get to earn a bit of money and catch up with all the backlog of work I have because of the weather.

2 comments:

Joni Roberta said...

It looks better than my back yard!

I grew up helping my parents and grandparents with their gardens, but haven't had much success with it on my own.

It's very satisfying to watch things grow and look beautiful and produce something good to eat.

It's also very seasonal. I have a brother-in-law in Ohio who does landscaping and he supplements it with snow removal service in the winter.

It does sound like a good fit for your needs, though, so good luck!

LL Cool Joe said...

Well the weather looks a great deal better now. Long may it last!