Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 13 April 2013

Weekend Away

I will be away by the time this post is published, I am off on one of my irregular trips down the M4 to Cardiff to spend a little time with my Mother.   I always have mixed feelings about these trips, spending 8 hours on the motorway in two days can be few peoples idea of fun, and certainly isn't mine.   Add to that those same two days away from my immediate (or nuclear) family and usually a late return home on Sunday night before starting another working week on Monday morning.   The other side is that I do get to spend some time with Mum, and I usually take the option to "Travel Pretty"

This weekend I will be leaving home very early on Saturday morning driving down to Cardiff with maybe a single comfort break, stopping to pick up something for lunch and then on to Mum.   On the Sunday I hope I will have time to watch the Grand Prix before dashing back to London for a rehearsal for the next LGSO concert.
Over the weekend I hope to spend some quality time with Mum, get a couple of photos of some of my new outfits, and very importantly recruit some more volunteers to play at the Croydon Idaho event.    So far I have a Tuba player, a Trumpet and myself so we really need at least one more trumpet, and any other brass would be welcome.   In many ways I think of my cross dressing as being a bit of fun, a game, something I am playing at (until I can't do it, then it will drive me to distraction), but every now and then something comes up that is important, this is one of those occasions.   It maybe that it will be inconvenient or even embarrassing for me, but this is one of those occasions when I have to stand up and be counted.

No comments: