Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 2 May 2013

Well Dressed

A thought crossed my mind this morning, that I probably have more clothes than my father ever had in his life.   Clothes are cheaper now than ever before so we can afford to have half a dozen pairs of work trousers as well as suits, jeans and slacks.   Then the thought occurred that not only did I probably have more trousers, I definitely had more dresses.   Then I thought how many dresses do I have

4 Black
2 black and white cotton ( one of these is almost more a tunic it is so short)
1 Black and silver cocktail dress
1 white cotton
1 black and white midi
1 pastel green shift
1 mauve skater dress
1 black and grey tailored dress
2 grey tailored
1 grey sweater dress
2 cotton print summer dresses
1 pink dress and jacket suit
1 bright pink cotton

19! I think that's all, but I may have over looked a summer dress that I haven't worn for a couple of years since we didn't have a summer last year.  That is probably more dresses than my Mother ever had, and certainly more than my wife has (at least ones that she can wear)   I think I need to learn to show some restraint, I now have a dress that is suitable for every possible situation, and given that I also have trousers, jeans, skirts tops and that lot includes three suits, 1 trouser, 1 skirt, and 1 dress my girl wardrobe is now far too big.   I ought to try to rationalise my clothes somehow, but just can't see how I will manage.

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Blimey that is a lot of dresses! I have a lot of hoodies, t-shirts and jackets but strangely enough only one pair of blue jeans and one pair of black combat trousers and that's about it!!

LL Cool Joe said...

Btw. I saw this story and thought you may like it. Kinda sweet.

http://notalwaysright.com/one-size-fits-all/27368/

Roogle said...

Was sorting out my wardrobe this morning. I only have 2 dresses as I'm quite large in the shoulder & don't find many I like, but loads of skirts.
Nice story LL Cool Joe. Unusual to see avatar & name like that on sites like this.