Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 30 September 2013

What now?

In Bromley the other day to get my ears pierced I bumped into someone I know.   I was walking down the street in such a way that I could not avoid them, and that meant that I had to walk past them, of course there was no chance that I would not be recognised, and duly my friend did recognise me and start talking about the band we used to be in together.   I made my excuses and left, but and this is the but, there is no way that it was not obvious that I was presenting female.   Although wearing jeans and a tee shirt, I was fully made up and my boobs were pretty obvious.

So, he knows, no way he doesn't know, the main question is what does he do with the knowledge? who does he tell? and how do they react?   I strongly suspect that before very long it will be common knowledge that I am at the very least a cross dresser.   But there is the other question, how do I feel about it?   Not sure yet but I am not overly worried, I hope my standing as a musician is sufficient that I will continue to be widely invited to play, and that most of my contacts are sufficiently liberal not to be too concerned either.   In some ways it would be a relieve to be fully out, but I suspect that would just lead to more issues and more decisions.

No comments: