Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Honey, I'm Home

Well actually I got home last night.   It was nice to spend a couple of days with my Daughter, and some time with my Mother, both are keen to repeat the exercise before too long.   The only trouble is the journey, I know to my American and Australian friends the thought of a 150 mile journey is nothing, but here in the southern UK it is a nightmare.   Not the length of the journey but the nature of it.   The M4 is possibly the worst road I know, it seems to be constantly full to capacity or slightly more, cars drive too close to each other and they all want to travel 5 mph faster than the car in front.   Add into that mix heavy rain and wind and any joy there may be in driving is fully extracted.

Arrived home happy to have spent time with my Mother and Daughter, sad to have left Daughter with her Mother rather than have her come home with me, alone, and tired, just to find what I already knew, no bread, no milk, and nothing that wasn't frozen for diner.   All in all a bit of a downer, so popped next door for supplies and say down to reduced price sausages a bottle of cheap red and Doc Martin.

No comments: