Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 13 October 2013

Leather Mini Skirt

I often talk about appropriate clothing, how if we want to blend never mind pass, then we should dress in an environment and age appropriate manner.   After all I am past a "Certain age" and maybe I should dress as such, I'm not saying that women in their 50s and 60s should not wear short skirts, on occasion it can be a very good idea, especially if you have the legs for it.

Yesterday I was in the mood for a bit of glitz and although not really much of an occasion for some glamour, as I would be amongst other girls like me I thought there was a good chance I would not stand out too much if I did glam up a bit.   So I did, a nice satin blouse, smart jacket, and yes the black leather mini skirt.   This skirt doesn't come out of the closet very often, every time I do wear it I am very conscious of just how much leg I am showing, especially when I sit down, so it is only on those special fairly rare occasions when I feel like flaunting it a bit.

At our last meeting back in September a couple of the other girls were both sporting some very high hem lines so I thought I would just blend in with them, as it happens I was the only sporting a pair of legs, well maybe more a pair of thighs, as all the others had decided that it was too cold for short skirts.   Strangely this is more a look I associate with winter parties or when teamed with thicker tights autumnal trips out.   Apart from that I do have a coat, so the temperature is not an issue.  

When I got home I wasn't ready for bed so I stayed up and had a glass of wine and a snack, and took a couple of photos of the outfit.   This meant it was pretty late when I got to bed, waking up this morning it was so dark I thought it was still the middle of the night, it turned out to be about half past nine, but as it was raining so hard it was still dark.   I hope the weather clears up a bit as I still have a lot of work scheduled for next week.

No comments: