Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 3 November 2013

Everyone Needs a Little Fun Sometimes

Sometimes life can be a funny old thing.   Earlier in the week I was struggling with depression, I would wake up in the morning and have to force myself to get out of bed, starting work would be a real battle of will.   Once I would get started I was fine, but getting to that starting point..... Then I would get home, wash and change and even knowing I needed to go shopping I just couldn't be bothered to do it.

Then I just sort of felt a bit better, no idea why as Thursday evening I went out to a meeting about organising ext year's IDAHO event in Croydon.   The weather had been inclement so I was at home anyway, I wore a nice grey M & S knitted dress with moderate heels and a classic Windsmore overcoat.   A very classic elegant slightly informal outfit for a middle aged woman going to a meeting.   The meeting went, we did manage a couple of decisions and agreed t put off some others until nearer the date.   I have to say that it is nice to be involved in this, party because Paula needs have a complete life, not just fun, and part because it is always good to include the T in LGBT.

Feeling better I popped into a hostelry on my way to the bus stop for a quick half, only to be addressed as Sir by the manager.   Once again feeling a bit deflated I was home before nine.   This was the night of Halloween I think I saw two people in costume and no trick or treaters.   But then neither have I seen anyone doing penny for the Guy.   Since then I have been very busy sorting out fences and feeling much better, so note to self keep busy, go out, have fun.

No comments: