Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 30 November 2013

Help Needed

I need to make a decision, tomorrow night I am playing with the LGSO for An Evening of Movies and Musicals, one of my colleagues in the orchestra reckoned that this was going to be "as camp as Christmas" and maybe just as Glam.   This means that I have a decision to make, what to wear we have been asked to wear all black and look smart.   Not for the first time I am reminded how much easier it is for the men, just put on a back shirt and a DJ and there you are.   I don't think that a full evening dress would be appropriate and one of my LBDs is a little too little for the time of year, so I am left with three choices.


 This is quite slinky little sleeveless number with a nice high neck, being sleeveless I think it will need the jacket tomorrow


The next one is longer with nice puff sleeves and a bow at the back, it's a sort of jersey material and feels lovely, not quite such a show stopper though.


The last one is more of a "proper" dress made from a broadcloth with a proper neckline and a zip up the back, again being sleeveless it will require a jacket, and the combination does feel rather glamorous.

I'm sure that in the greater scheme of things what I wear does not really matter much as virtually no body will see me anyway.   However I do need to make a decision before 9:00 a.m. tomorrow as we have a band call at 11:00.



Please let me know what you think, then if I get it wrong I can always share the blame around a bit!

P.S. this was the other potential choice, but I'm not sure that it will work with a jacket



No comments: