Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 11 November 2013

Mum's the Word

Hannah has been musing on family similarities, how she looks like her sisters when dressed, but her father at other times.   I have always been told that I resemble my Mother, I have been used to the idea but could never really see it myself, but then the other night in the pub after rehearsal I just caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror, and my first thought was "Blimmey that woman looks like Mum".   I soon realised that it was my reflection I had seen rather than another woman, but it did unsettle me a bit.

I have noticed a few times recently that even without any make up when I look in the mirror I see the female me looking back, today without any makeup or jewellery apart from my wedding ring and sleepers in my ears I was a little disconcerted as I pondered the incongruity of looking in the mirror at a woman shaving her face.

I wonder if this is because I am currently spending so much dressed indeed most of my spare time, I wonder if I should limit myself to maybe a couple of evenings or something.   But that is a thought that can wait as this week I am out on Monday night (tonight) rehearsal, Tuesday night meeting, Wednesday night rehearsal, Friday night family and all day Saturday (Church Men's day if you will!) in situations where I have to (or at very least should) go as him.   So it looks as though I will be in drab now until Sunday afternoon, this will either be a strain or liberating, lets see.

No comments: