Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 12 December 2013

A Bit of Dog?

Following my friend A's comment the other day that he thought I might make a presentable woman, I started wondering how others see me when I am out.

I know I have received some favourable comments, some not so favourable, only once have I been greeted with outright mirth (and to be honest I deserved it).   Strangely the laughter didn't hurt, but being called "Sir" does.   The thing is how do we know what is the honest reaction, it is nice to be acknowledged as a woman, and preferably an attractive one, or at least that a lot of effort has gone into our appearance, but are they just being polite or telling the truth.

Of course those who have family who accept and will comment can rely on them, but for the rest of us we need to befriend our mirrors.

No comments: