Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 8 December 2013

The Proverbial Woman

I saw this on Facebook this morning, and thought that maybe this could work for Girls like me, where maybe it is not only the beauty but also the woman that is within.   The full text of Proverbs 31:31 (NIV) is Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate Well no arguments with that here!
Given that this was written around 4 thousand years ago in a highly patriarchal society it was quite something to even acknowledge any worth in a woman, and this is the last verse in the book, so that gives it extra emphasis!

Facebook like all the news media has been saturated with comment and recollections of Nelson Mandela, I am surprised that there are some split views on him, I feel he was a truly a great man, promoting forgiveness and reconciliation after victory, much has been said but I like best what my daughter said.

Good luck in the afterlife nelson Mandella, I'm sure yours will be filled with fluffy bunnies and nutella, unless you don't like that stuff... then it will be filled with broccoli and mondays.
R.I.P to a legend, don't look at it as a sad thing, he was 95, his life had achieved it's full potential, which was massive.


No comments: