Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 20 February 2014

Meeting

This evening I have a business meeting in Guildford.   I don't know if there is a dress code, but I am not expecting to meet anyone I know, or who could influence the success of my businesses.   I would normally choose too wear a lounge suit to this sort of thing, but I just looked in my wardrobe and really do not want to wear any of the normal male option suits there.

Instead I am opting for a nice all wool M & S grey trouser suit with a white cotton short sleeve blouse and a pair of flat black slip ons.   I shall limit my jewellery to sparkly ear studs, watch and wedding ring and no (or at least very little) make up.   This is the sort of thing I find I am wearing more and more often these days.   I find this sort of androgynous clothing choice allows me to satisfy my own feminine nature while still ostensibly presenting as male.   I don't know what others may think as being British they are highly unlikely to comment, but there is a large part of me that says I don't care.   Of course I do otherwise why would I take so much time and care over what I do  wear, but I am also examining who am I dressing for, myself? other women? or to attract men? on balance I think it is a combination of the first two.

Any way I am now off down the A3 to Guildford to find out more about tendering for local authority business ~ sounds like fun?

No comments: